Friday, January 18, 2008

Four walls

Gladiatrix

For me art has been a largely solitary pursuit. I have found a nice little niche for myself that satisfies my natural anti-authoritism, reclusiveness and need for adulation all at once. I have not been getting rich freelancing, but I have been doing ok

But, this last New Years, I went to a party thrown by a very talented comic book artist Steve Lieber and his wife. Many of the guest were artist and illustrators and it was a very invigorating to talk shop and share art.

So this year I am going to try and break out of the studio a little bit, breach these walls-- to reach a larger audience, meet other artist, share the process of my work and thoughts and find new clients-- in short expand my reach.

This blog will be the heart of this out reach. So please enjoy, let me know what you think and stay in touch. I’m always eager to receive questions, comments, criticisms and of course commissions.

No comments: