Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Encyclopedia of Cthulhu Mythos

this is to be the cover for The Encyclopedia of Cthulhu Mythos published by Elder Signs Press, Inc. I love doing tentacled creatures. I have a couple of more tentacled things I will be posting soon

I have a bunch more project to get through before the end of the month. Still waiting on the several large projects that I mentioned a few posts ago. In order to make a living at this I have to keep the work flowing almost constantly, like a shark I can't afford to stop moving. As frustrating as it sometimes may be, the truth is, I love doing this, , I love the pressure of the deadline and the hunt for new work, but most of all I love creating my images, telling the story with my pictures.I tend to work in a more free form organic way. I have a general idea of the image but no firm picture of what I want it to look like. Usually I start by creating a central character or object and build out from there. I often do very large and complex scenes involving multiple characters, and battles and I am often surprised by the direction and shape that my images take as they grow and expand across my canvas or computer screen.

No comments: