Friday, March 7, 2008

Suger and spice and.... dragons

A couple of posts ago I mentioned how it is important to tailor your portfolio to your client. And how I am trying to both increase the number and type of clients I work for. One of the areas I would like to do illustrations for are young adult books. I think that some of the most exciting cover art can be found on these books. I often go to Powell's book store with my Niece- who is an insatiable reader- and while she is reading the back of the books, I am looking at the beautiful art work on the front covers. This image is a portfolio piece I have made for that market. It has more whimsy and sweetness then my typical images, yet at the same time I tried to ad a little since of mystery and maybe even danger. I really like the end results--

No comments: