Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ouch

I was set to do a cover for a signed special edition publication by a big named author (NDA prevents me from naming names). But, the Author evidently has an artist that he likes to work with so I was pulled from the project--ouch. The Editor over there was very nice and assured me that it was not a matter of talent and is going to be assigning me to a different project so there is no monetary loss or anything. And I really can't begrudge the Author, after all there is a certain amount of trust that an author has to have when he turns his vision over to an artist. Once that trust has been established why would an author take a risk on some unknown artist. And as an illustrator I would love to have a big named author insistent on only using me (any takers out there?)-- but it still stings a little.

No comments: