Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shroud Magazine



A trio of horrors that will be appearing in the next issue of Shroud Magazine . I have never thought of myself as an artist of horror and the macabre, But, over the last year I have been commissioned to do more horror images then in all the previous years I have been illustrating combined-- mostly zombies, Lots and lots of zombies. I wonder if we are going through a sort of zombie revival or if they have always been popular and I just failed to notice them, lurking in the shadows. In the past, I was never too keen on zombies-- too dim witted I guess.But the more I draw and paint them, the more sympathy I have for the recently dead and their hungers-- at the very least I empathize with their dogged determination.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zombies never go out of fashion, my friend. :)