Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fashion forward--

A few post back I mentioned that I had an exciting project with a clothing company. Over the years I have been approached many times to reproduce my art on t-shirts or to do original designs for t-shirts. I have always declined--Not sure why, I guess there was just something low end about the offers. Well Last month I was approached by the DETH KILLERS of BUSHWICK. I am really not sure how to describe them-- they are a clothing company based in Brooklyn, that has been making clothing for men since the year 2000. They sell internationally at high end specialty stores, and have designed custom clothing for David Bowie, Viggo Mortensen, and the Edge from U2. But, they are also a motorcycle club that rides as the Deth Killers Motorcycle Club (DKMC), wreaking havoc on the streets of Brooklyn on their supermotos and custom sportbikes. And they have also created an alternative universe and history for the DKMC where the World Trade Center never fell , but the world has collapsed into post apocalyptic ruin. This where I come in. They are commissioning several artist to do illustrations for a limited edition series of 10 illustrated and digitally printed t-shirts, inspired by the sci-fi book covers from the 80s and 90s. The images in the series will tell the history of DKMC, where the past and the future converge and the streets are run by motorcycle gangs. Lots of destruction, lots of action, hot babes, fast bikes, and outlaw dirtbags..... just up my alley :>)

--the image is is not related to this project, but it has been laying around for a while and fits the mood of post apocalyptic goodness...

No comments: