Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How-to Fantasy Illustration

Something cool that has been going on in the background is that I have been approached by Quatro books to produce the ultimate how-to fantasy illustration book. This is incredibly flattering and a great opportunity. These guys create some of the best practical art and craft books in the world. They produce books for many leading US, UK and continental European publishers to put out under their own imprimatur. If you have a how to book the odds are pretty good that these guys created it. It is not a done deal at this point and could fall through do to the fact that I am a self taught artist, both on the computer and in traditional mediums, and not well versed in oil or acrylic painting-- which on the face of it make me a strange candidate to do a how to book. After all how do I know that the way I create an image is not the most ass backward method ever created? But they really love my art and we are in talks now about how we might approach the book both in terms of content and style.
Keep you fingers crossed.

No comments: