Saturday, August 23, 2008

On the job training--

This image is from the ccg game Warlords 4ed. Which was launched at Gen Con a week or so ago. I did a small set of four cards for the project. I don’t do nearly the same amount of collectible card game illustration work as I used to. At one time it made up the majority of my work. I've done hundreds and hundreds if card illustrations. It has been an excellent form of training, because of the high volume of illustrations and the great variety of subjects needed by the various games. One illustration might be of a sword or a hat, another of a battle or a market place. I have had to draw all kinds of people, animals, and monsters in every kind of setting and environment and all on tight deadlines. It forced me to stretch my abilities to go places I would not have tried otherwise and in the end made me a better illustrator

No comments: