Sunday, March 8, 2009

Black Gate #13

Black Gate #13 is at press and is sporting a cover that will be familiar to any of those that have spent time here. I was very hesitant about using the Gladiatrix image because it would have to cropped down dramatically for the cover. But,John O'Neil (publisher/editor) was very enamored with the image and thought it would be perfect for the magazine--- In the end he decided to go with a wrap around cover, getting most of the image in--it is only the second wrap around cover they have done. I am extremely flattered as the back cover is usually prime real estate for ad space. John e-mailed me the proof for the cover and it looks very cool.

Black Gate is a great magazine, and not just because they publish my artwork. The stories tend to be more old style fantasy and sci-fi (think Fritz Leiber jr.) The kind of stories I grew up reading. I would highly recommend checking them out.

No comments: