Tuesday, March 24, 2009

whoohoo

Just found out my art was selected to be included in Spectrum 16. The Spectrum books are an annual showcase of some of the best artwork in fantasy, sci-fi and horror of the year-- edited by Cathy and Arnie Fenner. It is pretty cool to have my art along side of artist like Brom, Eggleton, Giancola, Huges, Kaluta and Martiniere (just to name a few)--and congrates to all the other artists whoose work was selected as well--


4/12/09-- update

up until today I was not sure which images I sent in were to be including, only that I was on the list of artist whose work will be included in the volume. The official notification letter came today and of the three images I submitted only one was accepted-- Gladiatrix (the image at the top of this blog). The other pieces were a Piece called Dragon Rider that was used for the cover of Kobold Magazine #8 (a gaming magazine, sort of a successor to DRAGON Magazine) and the third piece was done for a short story published in Polluto Magazine #2 by Adam Lowe called Zombie Love song. This was the first time I have ever entered and I only sent in three pieces-- sort of testing the waters… and while I am a little disappointed that the other two images did not get accepted I am thrilled to be included in the volume.

1 comment:

Wolfgang said...

Congrats, that is awesome news!