Friday, August 28, 2009

A diffrent kind of painting

wow... for the first time in a long time I find myself with out a project.... kind of scary! But, even more scary is the list of chores that I have been putting off because of my overloaded work schedule..... Looks like I'm going from painting dragons and such to painting the front hallway.....
......But I cant very well post an image of our front hall (it's just not that interesting) so here is a piece I did for the Warlords ccg from Phoenix interactive. This image is soooo close to being great, but ultimately it fails. Mostly the problem is that the assignment was to do 3 illustration in one panoramic battle scene . Each of the three had to be able to stand on it's own and apart from the rest of the image for a card illustrations ( the guy riding the wave on the left, the fight on the deck of the ship and the female on the right calling the charge). This created multiple points of focus to the image so that there is no real flow to the image... instead the eye just bounces around from point to point not knowing where to look-- and the "headlight" lighting of the image also contributes to making it a confused jumble of activity. Some day I will come back to this image and work on the lighting and focus and make it the great piece it should be.

No comments: