Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well boys and girls

this is it, and it's been a long time coming, But DK2G has finally released the second image I did for them. DK2G is a high end clothing company based in Brooklyn better known as Deth Killers of New Brunswick (You can get the whole back-story here, here, and here). This is probably the most complex image I have ever done. With well over 300+layers, composing the image was kind of like stage blocking a play.... I was constantly moving elements around the canvas, pulling them forward, pushing them into the background, shifting them from stage left to stage right. taking some out and creating new ones to add in. This did create some problems with the lighting and perspective, but overall I am very happy with the results. There are all kinds of little ester eggs hidden in the image including tributes to Don Lawrence, Normal Rockwell, Star wars, the avengers and even Akira Kurosawa.

While working on this image I was constantly listening to the music of Ozomatli. In particular their song "Saturday Night". If you want to get the full impact of the image I would suggest playing the tune while viewing.....


No comments: