Monday, December 28, 2009

Spectrum 17

Well, it's that time of year and I'm going through my work from 2009, trying to decide what I might want to submit to Spectrum 17. I must say I'm a bit nervous, having been accepted last year (the first year I ever sent work in) I will be quite disappointed if this year if I don't get in....but the competition is crazy hard, featuring loads of, well, fantastic art, including the likes of Jon Foster, Greg Manchess, Paolo Rivera and Adam Hughes, so it's best not to get my hopes too high.


The above piece, alas, is not eligible, as work submitted must be from 2009 and this piece was done a couple years before. I just found it as I was going through my stuff and felt that it needed to be featured some where....The piece is inspired but not based on Tolkien story Luthien and Beren.... Now that I don't have a gallery type web site I really don't have a place to feature my older work. I really have to set aside some time and get a new site up. Even with my blog here, how many people want to slog through entry after entry to view my art. It's a bit tedious even to me. This will have to be one of my priorities in the new year.

1 comment:

Freya said...

too bad it is not eligible. I love this piece!