Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Nymphs of Kracow

This is it, I just sent in the last images for last book in the Hiram Grange Chronicles...Kind of a cool symmetry in that it is almost two years to the day that I signed on to do the illustrations. This project was so unique, Not just because of the unusual raw gritty nature of the anti-hero, but also, because when I started doing the illustrations, the books where not even written and I was working from an outline. So that my illustrations, the look of Hiram, the mood, some the crucial scenes, all fedback into the writing of the books. It's is a rare opportunity for me to be a co-creator in something as cool as these book. Thanks Jake, Scott, Rob, Kevin, and Rick, these were a great group of authors to work with, and thank to Tim and Danny and everyone else at Shroud publishing for the great ride. I am proud to be a part of this project.

I am sure these are not the last images of Mr. Grange I will do. He has lots monsters to slay, confluences to close, revenge to wreak, absinthe to drink and opium to smoke before his adventures are done.

No comments: