Saturday, June 12, 2010

I paint, that is what I do

Ok, so last week has involved lots of waiting. Waiting for images to be approved by publishers, waiting for art descriptions to be finalized and sent. So I can start work on them. Lots of work, just that it has all been in limbo land. So I took the opportunity to to do an illustration just for the fun of it. I mean, that's what I do, I paint. I have a lot of partially started bits and pieces of images that I had abandoned for one reason or the other. I started playing around with these, combining them in different ways trying different compositions with different elements, not with a final image in mind when I hit upon this this composition I knew that I had something that was cool and used my down time finishing it up. I am pretty pleased, I must say.

This piece has been pick up by the folks over at Kobold publishing for the cover of an upcoming RPG supplement.. I love a happy ending.

1 comment:

Wolfgang said...

Looks great! Should be on a cover somewhere....