Friday, August 17, 2012

In the Market Place....

I love doing big complex images. If I made movies I would make the kind that Cecil B. Demille made, with a cast of thousands.This is an image I have been working for years. I did the first version probably about 9 years ago early in my illustration carrier. At the time it was one of my favorite pieces. Since then I have returned to it, with the idea of recreating it, many times. But, I would get pulled away by paying projects, or detracted by another of the many personal projects that I never seem to finish. I am not sure why I kept coming back to this one. There is something about the exotic, epic other worldly feel. To me it recalls the works of the orientalist, that group of  painters that captured  the near and far east in their romantic, sensual and exotic paintings.

No comments: