Monday, November 11, 2013

Orycon

Well for the first time in a long time I went to a Orycon (the last time was like 1999), and this is only the second convention Ive gone to in the last 14 years. It was really a great experience. I met lots of nice people, made a few contacts. But most importantly to me is I got to talk about my illustrations- the process, the thoughts behind them, the stories they tell. Something I dont get to do very much. It can be a lonely business Illustrating. So thanks for everyone that came out and spent time with me, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The icing on the orycon cake was that my illustrations took home a few ribbons as well, And though they were giving them out like candy, it was nice to get some official recognition. Below are the three images that took the directors choice and judges choice awards



No comments: